New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Vive Maria Sweet Dress with Floral Pattern Secret Garden Dress 330190
- ;k';New Liz Lange Maternity Womens Print Halter Tankini Skirtkini Set Sz L Large
- Miss Me womens jeans JP8236B Daydreamer MED294 Boot cut
- NWTPAIGE DENIM Skinny JeansSKYLINE GREY RED FLORAL28 ANKLENEW W TAGS
- SLOBE IENA Jeans 360171 bluee 36
- ARENA COSTUME INTERO MIX ONE GRAPHIC - 509BLK - 38--42 (3468335917863)
- Casual trousers Fabiana Filippi Women - (PG77515U7752075)
- Emporio Armani AGJ15 BW 88 jeans Women's bluee US
- Freya Remix AS3948 con con Aro Cuello Alto Bañador black (black) 30 DD Cs
- J.CREW Stretch Cotton Beige No. 2 Pencil Skirt Lined Size 8 Tall Knee Length
- Light red purple floral print cotton blend MANUEL CANOVAS pencil skirt 2
- Polyester Fabric Women Wear Work Pencil Solid color Knee Length Bodycon Skirt
- PRISA EURO JERSEY PULL UP PLEATED WIDE LEG ELASTIC WAIST PANTS BLK Sz 1 18 225
- Rachel Comey Slither Pant Red 8
- RALPH LAUREN COOLOT SILK NAVY blueE Vintage 1990's SIZE 12
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with